Al Bellenchia, a senior partner based in New York, has over 25 years of experience counseling clients on corporate and financial communications. Prior to his work with Ostrow & Partners, Inc, he served for four years as the director of the financial communications practice of Fleishman Hillard, the world’s largest pubic relations firm. Al’s work focused on high-level issues at the intersection of corporate and financial communications. His unique ability to work across the landscape of issues affecting executives and organizations enables clients to achieve their objectives without upsetting the balance between stakeholder groups, and within the confines of changing regulatory and communications environments.
A specialist at counseling companies during periods of transition, Mr. Bellenchia has conceived and conducted numerous programs that have gained visibility and support for management initiatives, business strategies, new product introductions and other complex corporate issues. Al has provided counsel at the highest levels of some of the world’s most recognized and promising companies and organizations, including Abbott Laboratories, Amdocs, Cardinal Health, DuPont, Deutsche Asset Management, First Albany Companies, Procter & Gamble, New Century Financial Corp, Visa USA and Yahoo, among others.
His range of work includes:
- Building and articulating differentiated value propositions that achieve business, valuation and revenue objectives and blunt competitor initiatives;
- Counseling Boards, C-level executives and senior communications officers on responses to major business, financial and public policy issues, particularly in times of business and market distress;
- Managing integrated corporate and financial communications programs to gain internal and external support for corporate restructurings, transactions, re-positioning and executive changes;
- Developing effective communications strategies and defenses against special interest groups and emerging corporate issues, and
- Coordinating communications campaigns across multiple audience groups and geographies.
Al has also helped numerous companies make the transition from private to public ownership and has designed and executed investor communications programs, managed communications for major transactions and counseled clients through a variety of crises. His IR program for Fresh Del Monte was awarded the 1999 CIPRA award for Investor Relations, one of the industry’s highest honors. In addition, he has led communications support for such high-profile events as the initial public offering of United Parcel Service (UPS) and the mergers of Exxon and Mobil and Chase and J.P. Morgan.
Prior to joining Fleishman Hillard in 1997, Al held leadership positions at several major New York public relations agencies, including working with Sam Ostrow at Rowland Worldwide, and began his career as a communications specialist in the utility industry. He is a graduate of Fairleigh Dickinson University, where he was the recipient of several scholarships and awards, including the University's Alumni Award, the second highest honor bestowed on a graduating senior. He is a member of the National Investor Relations Institute (NIRI), has been a guest lecturer at New York University and at NIRI and is often quoted in the trade, business and general media on financial and corporate communications issues.